Emergency & Important
We are all the guardians of Accotink Creek. Use the contacts below to notify those who can take action when you observe issues affecting the wellbeing of our watershed.
FIRE HYDRANT/WATER MAIN BREAKS:
Fairfax Water: Immediately report fire hydrant or water main breaks, which kill fish. 703-698-5613 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
More at https://www.fairfaxwater.org/contact/index.htm
- Fairfax County Stormwater Planning Division: 703-324-5500 or ONLINE CONTACT FORM
- City of Fairfax: Fire Marshall 703-385-7830 (Business hours), Police 703-385-7924 (After hours)
- Distinguishing natural stream phenomena from pollution https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/publicworks/stormwater/whats-stuff-stream
CONSTRUCTION, EROSION & SILTATION:
- For erosion along roadsides, such as ditches, call VDOT, 800-367-7623 or ONLINE REQUEST FORM
- For hazardous substances like pesticides and paint, contact Fairfax County Fire and Rescue at 703-691-2131 or ONLINE CONTACT FORM.
- For dumping that may be a health hazard, such as tires with standing water, contact the Health Department, 703-246-2411 or ONLINE COMPLAINT FORM.
- For after-hours storm drain emergencies that are not life threatening, call the 24-hour Wastewater Trouble Response Center at 703-323-1211, and state that you are reporting a storm sewer emergency.
- For sanitary sewer issues, call the Wastewater Collection Division at 703-323-1211/703-239-8444 or by EMAIL.
- For maintenance of systems in public street rights-of-way (roadside ditches, curb inlets, pipes under the roadway), contact VDOT) at 800-367-7623 or ONLINE REQUEST FORM
ENCROACHMENT ON PARKS:
Fairfax County interactive park encroachement map. Know your boundaries!
DUMPING & JUNK ON PRIVATE PROPERTY:
Fairfax County Emergency Listings:
General Fairfax County Government Contact
Bay Journal http://www.bayjournal.com/
- Safe Disposal of Household Hazardous Waste within Fairfax County: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/publicworks/recycling-trash/hazardous-waste
- DPWES Stream Protection Strategies: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/publicworks/stormwater/stream-protection-strategy-baseline-study
- Fairfax City Environmental Services: http://www.fairfaxva.gov/government/public-works/stormwater-information
- Water quality stewardship guide https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/soil-water-conservation/water-quality-stewardship-guide
- Fairfax County Stormwater Information: http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/dpwes/stormwater/
- Northern Virginia Soil and Water Conservation District (NVSWCD): 703-324-1460 http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/nvswcd/
- Conservation Assistance Financial Incentives for Homeowners and Civic Associations: http://www.accotink.org/ConservationAssistance.htm
- Tips on Keeping your Lawn Green and the Chesapeake Bay Clean: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/soil-water-conservation/fall-lawn-care
- Vienna Department of Public Works: http://www.viennava.gov/index.aspx?nid=788
- Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR): http://www.dcr.virginia.gov/